The world of transportation and mobility has been turned on its head, and so has the job of keeping you informed about the changes. Like all of you, Ride’s team of writers and editors has been forced to change our daily lives and work habits. For some of us, it has meant retreating from the office and setting up at home. For others, it has meant putting off plans to attend shows, conventions, launch events and face-to-face interviews. For all of us, it has provided a new lens through which we must examine every piece of news that we encounter. Will that new EV be produced on schedule? Is it safe to visit a charging station? Will people be able to pay for their chosen mobility solution if their jobs suddenly vanish?
To make it a little easier for you to navigate all of the news, information and opinion that’s coming at you, we’ve started tagging relevant articles and posts with #COVID-19 and #coronavirus. These tags appear at the bottom of each post in a rectangular box. You can click on the tag to bring up other related and relevant articles.
Or click here, for your convenience. The link will lead you to a search on Ride with every article we’ve posted on the topic of COVID-19.
Transportation and mobility rules have changed radically. (Photo: Getty Images)
We also want to bring to your attention the work being done by our fellow Cox Automotive sites, Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader. Each site is devoting extra resources to covering coronavirus-related automotive news, in both the new car and used car areas.
We will continue to bring you the latest, most accurate information available, coupled with analysis and insights from our experts. While the COVID-19 and coronavirus pandemic continues, we’ll help you figure out how it impacts your mobility and transportation experience.
This pandemic will eventually pass, and a new normal will emerge. We’ll try to see what’s coming, with informed predictions and cool-headed consideration.
Stay home, wash your hands, stay safe and stay busy.
CORONAVIRUS AND COVID-19 ARTICLES ON RIDE
- A Note from the Managing Editor: COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus, Transportation and Mobility
- Ridesharing, Coronavirus and You: Essential Tips
- Coronavirus Has Changed the Future
- U.S. Mobility Startups Face Funding Challenges Due to Coronavirus
- Uber and Lyft Drivers and Passengers Exposed to Coronavirus May be Banned
- Coronavirus Could Drive Us Faster Into a World of Autonomous Vehicles
- GM Will Aid Ventec in Producing Desperately Needed Ventilators for Coronavirus Pandemic
- Is it Safe to Use Public Charging Stations During the Coronavirus Pandemic?
- Tesla Idles California Factory Due to Coronavirus
- Fever Pitch: Coronavirus Hammering Auto Buyers and Owners, as Well as Automakers
- Uber Offers Sick Pay to Drivers with Coronavirus
- Autonomous Vehicle Testing Suspended Due to Coronavirus
- Tesla Pushes Back on ‘Shelter in Place’
- Oil Price War Could Short-Circuit EV Demand
- Airport Regulations Coercing Airlines into Flying Empty Planes
- New York Public Transit vs. Coronavirus
- Ford, Toyota Extend Shutdowns but Lay Out Plans to Restart Production
- Ford Set to Build Desperately Needed Ventilators, Respirators
- FCA Producing Face Masks for Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Detroit Auto Show Canceled as Coronavirus Pandemic Sweeps Across Detroit
- Panasonic Suspends Battery Production at Tesla Plant in Nevada
- Chinese EV Manufacturer is Now World’s Biggest Face-Mask Maker
- Car Dealerships Offer House Calls During COVID-19 Crisis
- Tesla Introduces New ‘Touchless’ Delivery Service
- Caution: Coronavirus Hazardous to EV Health
- What is Tesla’s Bioweapon Defense Mode and Is It Effective Against the Coronavirus?
- Automakers Start Pumping Out Face Masks for Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Bring Reduced Air Pollution
- Drones Can Deliver Medical Supplies for Treatment During Coronavirus
- Car Payments and Leases During the COVID-19 Outbreak: What You Need To Know
- Gas Prices Slide Below $2 and Could Reach $1 in the Coming Weeks
- WWII Redux: Automakers Fight COVID-19
- Now is the Time to Buy
- Pros and Cons of Buying a New EV During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Expected to Have Devastating Impact on Global Auto Sales
- How Ridesharing Could Change After Coronavirus