Micromobility solutions like e-bikes and e-scooters are great, but for them to work in your favor, you need to know where to find them.
Enter Google Maps. Google Maps is, of course, a navigational tool many of us turn to when planning trips. It’s easy and convenient — all that’s required is a smartphone and a destination.
Lime is one of the industry’s top micromobility providers. Back in December of last year, the company embarked on an integration that allowed Lime’s scooters, pedal bikes and e-bikes to be easily located by riders via Google Maps.
The integration was initially available in a select number of U.S. cities: Austin, Baltimore, Dallas, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, San Antonio, San Jose, Scottsdale and Seattle. Now Lime and Google Maps have expanded this integration to include over 80 new locations.
Mapping It Out
Here in the U.S., Lime’s Google Maps integration now includes newly added cities in the following states and districts:
- Arizona (Mesa, Scottsdale)
- Arkansas (Little Rock)
- California (Monterey, Mountain View, San Marcos, Santa Barbara)
- Colorado (Denver)
- Florida (Miami, Orlando)
- Georgia (Atlanta, Statesboro)
- Idaho (Boise)
- Indiana (Bloomington, South Bend)
- Kentucky (Louisville)
- Massachusetts (Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Milton, Needham, Newton, Revere, Waltham, Watertown, Winthrop)
- Michigan (Lansing)
- Nevada (Reno)
- Missouri (St. Louis)
- New Jersey (Keyport, Metuchen, Plainsfield)
- New York (Ithaca, Queens, Rockaways)
- North Carolina (Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, Jacksonville, Raleigh/Durham)
- Ohio (Columbus, Oxford)
- Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, Tulsa)
- Rhode Island (Providence)
- Tennessee (Memphis, Nashville)
- Texas (Corpus Christi, Lubbock)
- Utah (Salt Lake City)
- Virginia (Harrisonburg)
- Washington (Tacoma)
- Washington, D.C.
The integration adds some overseas cities as well, including places like London, Paris and Tel Aviv.
To access Lime’s vehicles, simply tap the transit icon while in Google Maps. You’ll then be taken to a page that lists nearby vehicles, as well as cost estimates and estimated arrival times. This feature is available on both iOS and Android devices.
These days, the most popular solutions are those that are uncomplicated and user-friendly. Lime’s expanded Google Maps integration checks all the right boxes.